Guda Recipe Jharkhand Cuisine
A very tasty soup, called Guda, is made in the Indian state of Jharkhand. People here like to eat it with rice. It is often used as an alternate of Dal.
Local people make different types of Guda by drying various types of greens found in the surrounding area like sajna saag, chakod saag, sarla saag, saru leaves, red kanda leaves, putkal saag, etc. After drying the greens properly in the sun for few weeks, it is ground and made into powder, which you can easily preserve for 6 months or even a year. Then the recipe of Guda is made from this Guda powder.
So today, through this article, let us tell you in detail the recipe of making Jharkhand’s famous Guda.
How to Make Guda Recipe?
As I already told you, in Jharkhand, people pluck local greens and dry them well in the sun, then when it dries completely, they crush it and make powder, which is called Guda. Then the delicious recipe of Guda is made from this Guda powder.
Ingredients of Guda Recipe
|1. Guda powder
|2. Water separated from rice after cooking
|As per taste
Step-by-step process to make Guda:
- To make Guda, first heat some oil in a pan.
- After the oil is hot, add garlic and chilli and let it cook a little bit.
- After that, add chopped tomatoes into it and let it cook.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked a little, add the cooked water of rice to it and let it boil.
- When it boils, add Guda powder and let it boil for few minutes.
That’s it. Your Jharkhandi famous soup Guda is ready.